The Wicked City by Beatriz Williams 


I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this book, I didn't read the caption at all! 

This is book 1 in the series, I picked up book 3 in a book sale group I am in and realized I hadn't read the previous 2, so I had to get started on that prior to starting book 3 (Wicked Widow).

Based in NYC, a story that spans 2 decades, and an amazing story

Ella finds her husband cheating and moves out

When she finds a new place, her neighbor tells her to stay out of the basement at night time

But really, that prompts her to want to know why and whats down there

Gin (Geneva), lives in 1924 and is a flamboyant flapper

She gets caught up with the Prohibition movement and catching bootleggers

The 2 stories were excellently told however didn't tie in together, hopefully in book 2 they will 


#TheWickedCity by #BeatrizWilliams #3642 #384pages #December2021 #481of250 #COVIDreading #Audiobook #32for15 #Series #Book1of3 #TheWickedCitySeries #CheatingHusband #Overdrive #Ella #Gin #NYC #BasementSpeakeasy #ClearingOffReadingShelves #WhatsNext 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance by Lucia Franco

A Kiss for a Kiss by Helena Hunting